We are looking to expand our professional team in our Birmingham office by recruiting a Planning Consultant to work on a full time, permanent basis. The salary is negotiable, dependent on experience.
- Lead on co-ordinating and submitting planning applications where the Client requires this to be done by the Planning Consultant (under a specific appointment separate to the architectural commission).
- Assist on other planning applications as required where the Architect is the lead.
- Write/Assist with Planning Statements to accompany all planning applications where required.
- Lead/Assist with discharging planning conditions as required.
- Lead/Assist in preparing S73 & non material amendments.
- Speak at planning committee when required.
- Lead on planning appeals and public inquiries.
- Assist at consultation events where required.
- Liaise with the planning authority and other stake holders.
- Have a good knowledge of local and national planning policy, and keep up to date with current legislation.
- Liaison with external planning consultants if required.
- Where required, co-ordination / commissioning of planning reports to be done by third parties inc Heritage Statements, Transport Assessments…
There may be opportunities to take the role in other directions, over and above the core requirements, and potentially for the successful candidate to establish a new team within the practice.
If you have suitable experience and would like to join us please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies please.